No more splitting-chopping of timber, logs or fingers.
Lighting a fire is easy when you’ve got the right wood and, equally as important, – the right tools! Whether it is outside at a campfire, barbeque or inside the house in an open fire or wood-burning stove, the principles are the same.
If you’re not a seasoned fire starter, sparking up the flames can seem like a daunting task, and even if you are, get the fire going can get you really heated up with frustration. But, with a simple guide and instructions on how to use our game-changing Kindling Kong equipment, you’ll be carving perfect wooden pieces in record time, and stacking them up into a tower that can conjure up a fire even Guy Fawkes would be proud of!
Starting your fire 101: 8 easy steps
- For the easiest way to light a fire, use firelighters, kindling and DRY firewood.
- Have a range of log sizes, starting the fire with smaller pieces and using the larger pieces for the long steady burn.
- Airflow is crucial, so always place logs at a vertical angle with plenty of air gaps in between.
- Give the logs time to burn and add more as required to build a good base to the fire. The more heat in the base, the easier it is to keep the fire going.
- Take 8 pieces of kiln-dried kindling and stack neatly like a Jenga tower. Place a single Flamer into the middle of the kindling. At an angle, lie 2-3 smaller logs across the kindling.
- Light the Flamer and leave for about 5 minutes until it is burning well.
- Add 2-3 more logs at a vertical angle with good airflow between the logs, and leave for a further 10-15 minutes.
- Add 3-4 more logs until the fire has a good base of heat and the logs start to turn white.
Why Kindling Kong?
Cutting timber and logs with axes can be a dangerous job, however, thanks to his extra safe and simple innovation ‘The Kindling Kong’ just slices through wood making wafer-thin kindling. Saving up to 60% on timber compared to chopping it with an axe.
It stows safely and easily against a wall or timber fence. The product is made from heavy-duty steel profiles and zinc coated so it will last for many years. With its ergonomic design, mounted on the solid wall etc. with this wood splitter you have the option to produce your own kindling and shavings.
It is designed to slice pieces of kindling wood easily in a safe and effective manner, no more dangerous axes, hatchets or damaged floors. Just mount a piece of wood in accordance with the length on the appropriate “step”, then use the torque generated by its long handle to drive its blade down through the wood to split the kindling. Moving up the steps until the wood splits.
Try to avoid logs with branches, as more pressure would be needed. Example of the best firewood to use is birch, spruce, ash, alder. The splitter mounts with 4 screws or bolts. We do not supply any fixings as we cannot cater to everyone’s fixing requirements. The Handles come in an assortment of colours.
We supply professional products that perform, with everything from our unique PatioGro system, to ingenious ideas for plant support, a pet fencing, professional garden tools and Toolflex tool storage system. With over 60 years’ experience in the industry, we know exactly what you need and exactly what you don’t! All our products are top quality.