Professional Pole Saw from Barnel – Extends up to 19ft
This Professional Pole Saw from Barnel extends from 7ft 3″ to 19ft in three sections and seven different stages. The blade will cut branches up to 8″ thick with ease. This is a top quality product with amazing features.
Product Features of the Professional Pole Saw Pole.
- Manufactures from aircraft alloy extruded aluminium which is lightweight and offers maximum deflection/spring back feature.
- The special oval shape with rounded ends on both sides increases the strength and stability over square/rectangular or round poles and gives a comfortable grip when in use.
- Furthermore the anodised finish on the pole repels dirt, sap and fluids.
- Four telescopic sections slide inside of each to shorten the pole for easier handling, transportation and storage.
- Fully extended, the pole reaches high up into the task area making the job easier to complete.
- The saw blade attaches directly onto the pole without the use of an adaptor.
- There is also a pruning head available.
- This Barnel professional pole saw is amongst the longest professional poles in the world.
- Each section is connected to the next and to the next by nylon couplers. Each coupler has a double locking connection. Firstly by means of a spring loaded all metal push button that locks into pin holes that have been drilled into the telescopic extension sections. Secondly a constriction lock (similar to a hose clamp) will clamp/tighten around the next smaller section and securely unite all of them as if they were one.
- The saw head is double locked onto the telescopic pole, firstly by means of a set of spring loaded push buttons housed inside the smallest extension section and secondly a solid fold over steel pin locks the saw head very securely.
- TPR (Thermo Plastic Rubber) extra large anti-slip comfort grip area on the outermost section gives and ergonomic feeling whilst in use.
- Easy and effortless to move the saw up to fully extended and back again.
- A full spare parts programme is available for this professional pole saw.
Pole Technical Specifications
- Barnel Ref Z555P2
- Three sections
- Weight 80oz (2270g)
- Size 90″ – 230″ (2.3m – 5.84m)
Product Specifications for TIGER TOOTH/TIGER CLAW saw blade
- The pole saw blade is manufactured from SK4 exclusive japanese, high carbon, Samurai sword steel. This is the ULTIMATE cutting blade material for a pole saw blade.
- The saw blade has been laser traced which totally eliminates the presence of any fine hair cracks in the blade These fine hair cracks can be a result of the conventional manufacture of most blades which is stamping the blade out of sheet steel.
- High precision ground tri-edged TIGER TOOTH/TIGER CLAW teeth surpass any conventional saw in cutting speed and performance.
- Cuts on the PULL stroke only.
- Due to the “angle set” in the saw teeth each individual saw tooth is honed and polished with its whole side cutting edge for an absolutely smooth finish in the cut. Therefore resulting in a faster and easier healing process of the saw wound and subdued settlement of disease and fungus on the saw wound.
- LASER IMPULSE HARDENED TEETH (recognised by their blue tips) maintain razor sharp TIGER TOOTH/TIGER CLAW performance for 3-10 times longer compared to non-hardened teeth, dependent on the materials being cut. Currently BARNEL is the only manufacturer that offers impulse hardened teeth in a large curved saw blade (17″/430mm) like this one.
- Non hardened teeth can be sharpened by hand, but with difficulty, therefore we would recommend sharpening to be done by a professional. Impulse hardened teeth, as in this saw cannot be sharpened by hand and must be sharpened by a professional but this will jeopardise the impulse hardening. Therefore BARNEL recommend that you invest in a replacement saw blade when needed which in turn will not compromise the quality of the cut and give you another 3-10 times longer sharpness.
- A curved saw blade creates a natural drag or grab on the pull stroke all the way to the tip of the saw.
- Furthermore a curved blade is less likely to slip in its carved channel compared to a straight saw blade.
- Raker slots in the blade clean out any fine saw shavings quickly before they build up in the carved saw channel and cause friction and potential “binding up”, buckling or snapping. This is especially important when sawing off dead branches. Raker slots in the blade also “pull” air into the cut for cooling.
- The blade is manufactured form extra thick SK4 material which helps stiffen the saw and thus preventing premature breakage.
- There is a small hook at the tip of the blade which allows the pulling down of the branches that have just been sawn.
- In addition there is a large hook type extension at the base of the blade that provides a dual function. One side is sharp and is used to under cut the branch in order to sever fibres and capillaries this prevents the peeling of the bark when the branch breaks off which in turn damages the tree. The other side of the blade is used to hang the saw up in the tree like a pendulum for safe storage in between cuts or when climbing the tree. This then makes the saw very easy to retrieve when you need to put the saw back into use.
- Also the blade has a hard chrome protective finish which help keep it clean of sap and fluids in addition preventing rust.
- Hollow ground saw blades reduce the amount of friction build up during the cut. This also gives increased cutting speed and performance, yet offering a stronger back edge which in turn avoids breakages.
- In addition the saw blade comes in an ABS sheath which securely house the blade for safe keeping and transportation.
- Finally the saw has a strong steel mounted adaptor that is equipped to lock into the dual locking pins of the pole.
Saw Blade Technical Specifications
- Barnel Reference : Z555S
- Blade Thickness – 1.5mm
- Size 26″ (66cm)
- Blade Length – 17″ (430mm)